Saturday, February 13, 2010

Scary World Out There

I needed to get out of here for a little bit. I've been pretty much stuck in my 600 sq ft house, with three teenage boys and a husband under my feet trying to gingerly attend to my fragile emotional state. Two other American missionaries went along with me North of the Border to do some "retail therapy".
I almost canceled the night before. I told my husband that the world is just too scary to me right now. I decided, though, that I needed to get over this hurdle and begin to live my life! I explained to my friends that sometimes I get panicky and might just grab onto them randomly, but that I would be fine.
I did well for the most part. I was in good spirits because I actually HEARD my friend humming along to a song on the radio. It's like the nerves are still trying to connect!
The only place I got completely, absolutely lost was in Guitar Center. They have to show off their amps, speakers, etc... so the place is LOUD! I was glad to get in, get the cables I needed, and GET OUT!
I got stopped at immigration and had to pay some taxes on our purchases. Three different people had to talk to me, and it was outside and very noisy. I just explained to them that I couldn't hear them, and amazingly they didn't treat me like I am a stupid American who doesn't understand Spanish.
I feel like something was lifted off of me yesterday. I can't believe that something so simple as a day out shopping could relieve this sadness I have been carrying with me for the last three weeks. Hopefully today will be another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment