Thursday, February 11, 2010

January 24, 2010

It was my Sunday morning worship time in Mexico as the main worship leader. I've been co-leading for about six months with my friend, Julio, but now felt comfortable enough with the Spanish songs to launch out on my own.
I prayed for weeks and sang my heart out. My favorite song was "Gritos de Guerra" by Claudia Lorelle. I remember during the song thinking the sound was quite distorted and the congregations shouts of war weren't that loud but thought maybe I was just nervous.
At the end of the service I sang "Power of your Love" by Hillsongs, it was a beautiful time of ministry as I sang over the people being prayed for. I sang from my innermost being, asking God to cover them and surround them with His mighty love.
Of course, ministering in praise and worship for over an hour without ceasing is exhausting. I came home, ate lunch, and laid down for a little siesta. I remember waking up and hearing my neighbor outside laughing with her little girl. The problem was, I was hearing her voice through my pillow, not the ear that was ceiling up. I was a bit confused.
I sat up and thought it was weird. It felt like my ear was swollen shut. I tapped on it, but heard nothing. No pain. The ear felt closed.
I didn't panic, but I didn't enjoy the rest of the day. We went to a birthday party and I felt lost and confused. The more the time passed, the more confused and frustrated I felt. I decided to go to sleep and deal with it the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment