Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 10, 2010

I woke up after my night of crying and tried to decide how I was going to face the day. My doctor had taken me off of rest, and I was now free to find my new normal. I'm afraid to go out by myself. I don't trust my body, my mind plays tricks on me. I feel like an alien in my own skin.
My friend came over to check on me and invited me to go out with her to a market. I thought I should get out of my house rather than sit in and cry all day, and she has been with me through the whole process, so I decided to go.
Luckily, it's a chilly day, and there aren't that many people out and about. This helps me to not get so disoriented. She grabbed my arm and walked along side of me, making me feel safe and secure.
I bought some earmuffs... something I wouldn't usually use. I feel compelled to protect my TREASURE ear!
I came home completely exhausted from the trip, but I'm glad I did it. There was only one place where I felt lost, so much noise and I couldn't hear anything being said. I was glad that I had my friend to follow and she could do all the communicating. I'm also glad to say I didn't get dizzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment