Thursday, February 11, 2010

January 25, 2010

Monday morning I awoke still deaf in my right ear. I decided to go for my morning run and then to look for a doctor.
While running, I had my iPod buds in both ears, turned as loudly as possible. I switched the bud from my left ear to my right just to be sure that I couldn't hear anything, and quickly saw that was true.
Running was scary. I would hear a truck or car coming, but I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I went to a park and decided to run there away from the cars, on the sidewalk. I didn't like the feeling of confusion that came over me.
I decided to go to a local doctor and get some antibiotics. Surely my ear was just swollen and infected, even though there was no pain?
The local general practitioner confirmed that it was an ear infection and gave me a round of antibiotics. She told me I would feel better soon. I went home and just waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment