Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 9, 2010

The toughest day yet. The only good news the doctor has for me is that I do NOT have a tumor. She tells me that my hearing loss is so severe that a hearing aid would not help. We are going to wait three months and hope that my hearing will improve at least 20 db so that a hearing aid could be implemented.
I cry in her office as I explain to her my love of music and how frustrating this is to not even hear my own voice.
She promises me that I will adapt and learn, it just takes time. She encourages me that my gifts and talents are from God, to glorify Him, and not to lose hope. I feel her compassion and mercy and it really helps me through this difficult moment.
On the way home I cry silently, mourning these dreams and plans that I thought were from God for this time in my life. I really believed this year, 2010, was going to be a breakout year for me in my music ministry in Mexico. So many doors were being opened, and now I am completely incapable of doing anything about it.

Now I wait for my miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment