Saturday, February 20, 2010

Experiencing the presence of God

A musician friend came to talk to me the other evening. He told me that for him, his whole life, the way he experiences the presence of God is through music. His devotional times, his prayer times, are all centered around music and worshiping God. As he spoke, I began to weep. He put into words what my frustration is. I don't know how to experience God or worship God in any other way but by music.

My husband is a scholar, he loves to study the word of God and theology. It is alive for him and brings him life. I compare my situation with taking away all of his books and his Bible. What would he do? He seems to understand a little more of what I am going through.

Now I know that I can't even stand to be in live music for one song. My challenge is how to really experience God in a new way. How do I worship God now? Our life is to be a life of worship, and for twenty-six years of being a Christian my life of worship has been expressed mostly through music. NOW? Suggestions or ideas appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment