Friday, April 2, 2010

How Good and How Pleasant it is

...to go to church again. I was desperate this past Sunday to be in church! I longed for worship, for being with my fellow believers and lifting up the Lord in song and blessing His heart together. I woke up a little sad because it has been two months since I've been able to be with my "family" here in Mexico. Greg had the bright idea of using an ear plug to see if that would block out the sounds that bother me, so I tried it. I was able to sit through the whole service, to sing, to worship, and to hear the teaching of the Word. It was beautiful!
Last night I did the same thing, though my ear plug fell out at one point while I was dancing. Of course, I was seated on the balcony, and the ear plug found the ONE hole to fall through to the floor below. My son ran down quickly to pick it up and I continued to worship.
I'm anxious to see what's going to happen in the next month. I'm to go for further hearing testing to see how much it has improved (somewhat) and to see about a hearing aid. I'm really ready to get on with it, but I'm trying to be patient.
Last night's message was about being a one who has the heart of a worshiper. I pretty much cried through the whole thing. Why? It just touched my heart and resounds within me that I was created to worship Him and bless His name. How can people NOT get that? He compared Saul (who created a $50 million temple to see what he could get from God) to David (who made a TENT to house the ark, but had Levites surrounding it 24/7 to bless and worship God). May we all be like David, men and women after God's own heart, who desire nothing more than to bless Him and glorify His name in these last days!

No comments:

Post a Comment