Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Heart's Cry

I know it's been a while since I've posted. I've been getting used to this living with one ear thing. I didn't think it would be possible, but it actually is happening. My good ear now has extended it's territory and picks up more sounds. I still can't be around loud noise, I still can't handle music much, but I'm doing better.

I actually sang last weekend at a retreat. It was just me singing with a keyboard, no monitors, no loud speakers, and very few people. The women weren't applauding, which is something that I absolutely cannot stand, clapping hands are like bullets of sound that pierce right through my head!

I wanted to share a scripture a friend shared with me who had gone through something similar...

Is 50:4-5 The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back.

No comments:

Post a Comment