Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tinnitus

If you've never heard of tinnitus, look it up. It's this constant buzzing or whooshing sound I have in my right ear. I would rather not hear anything at all than this sound. Sometimes it is so loud it drowns out the noise I can hear through my good ear. When I am stressed out, it's louder. At night, when everything is quiet, it is a deafening noise. I have to turn on the fan in my room to create white noise to help me deal with it. I have heard there are hearing aids that can help with it. I'm actually looking forward to the hearing aid process now and seeing what there is available for me. I never thought I would want a hearing aid, but the tinnitus is making me think again.

Today I found through facebook a friend of an acquaintance who just lost her hearing in one ear. We are going to start communicating, and I'm looking forward to having some company in this ordeal. She lost hers through and ear infection and ruptured ear drum.

No comments:

Post a Comment